Question

I have installed FME 2021-2 64bit outside of C:\\Drive\\Program Files ie: D:\\ Drive. Is this installation different to, if I were to install it on C:\\Programs Files folder on a 64bit Win2016 Server?

• 11 November 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +7

The reason I am asking is, I am running out of memory when running my FME script.

|FATAL |Insufficient memory available -- error code was 2 - please read the FME Help section 'Adjusting Memory Resources' for workarounds.

5 replies

Userlevel 4

The installation location should have no bearing on memory.

Concerning running out of memory, have a look here: https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Desktop_Documentation/FME_QuickTranslator/Workbench/memory_resources_adjusting.htm

Badge +7

The installation location should have no bearing on memory.

Concerning running out of memory, have a look here: https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Desktop_Documentation/FME_QuickTranslator/Workbench/memory_resources_adjusting.htm

thanks, I cannot set 3Gb switch as my server is 64bit ,I already purged temporary files and FME_TEMP setup on D:\\FME_TEMP away from C:\\drive as I have very limited space on it. I can run this script on my Desktop without any issues but I cannot run on Windows2016 server as it gets memory issue.

Kind Regards,

Pushpa

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

How much memory do you have? And what are you trying to do with your FME workspace?

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

thanks, I cannot set 3Gb switch as my server is 64bit ,I already purged temporary files and FME_TEMP setup on D:\\FME_TEMP away from C:\\drive as I have very limited space on it. I can run this script on my Desktop without any issues but I cannot run on Windows2016 server as it gets memory issue.

Kind Regards,

Pushpa

This might be a question to contact the support team about (safe.com/support) - if you can include the workspace and log file they might be able to spot where - and why - the problem occurs. Include both the desktop log and the server log, so that they can compare the two.

Badge +7

Kind Regards,

Pushpa

Thanks Mark. I will contact Safe Support.

Kind Regards,

Pushpa