Question

Backup from AGOL to FGDB

• 3 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hello!

I have a layer in AGOL named "park furniture".

I want to make a backup via FME to a FGDB named the same.

Im wondering if there is any example of a workspace were i can see wich transformers i need to use if i want to make a backup from a feature layer in AGOL to a FGDB.

I dont have any schema in the FGDB but want to use the one from AGOL and also transfer the domains and attachments straight into the FGDB.

Or is it better to make a copy in Arcgis Pro first and the keep overwrite/update the FGDB.

/Tim

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

Multiple ways to do this.

I think the easiest way is to use a FeatureReader to read all records (generic) and a FeatureWriter to write those (dynamic) to a featureclass with the schema from AGOL.

2021-11-03_09h04_06An alternative is to use the API to export the item to gdb and then list and download it using the ArcGISOnlineConnector. This is probably a better and faster option when the dataset is very large.

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

Multiple ways to do this.

I think the easiest way is to use a FeatureReader to read all records (generic) and a FeatureWriter to write those (dynamic) to a featureclass with the schema from AGOL.

2021-11-03_09h04_06An alternative is to use the API to export the item to gdb and then list and download it using the ArcGISOnlineConnector. This is probably a better and faster option when the dataset is very large.

Forgot to attach the workspace.

Badge +1

Hello!

Thank you for your answer, but im not quite sure if i manage to do this correctly.

Snag_42a1c51fSnag_42a1c59cSnag_42a1c5dbSnag_42a1c4e1

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

Flip the resolve domains switch in the reader:

2021-11-08_10h04_05