Solved

PointOnAreaOverlayer Transformer rejecting with INVALID_POINT_GEOMETRY_TYPE error

• 4 October 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +5

Hello,

I am trying to populate a value into "_overlaps" using the PointOnAreaOverlayer Transformer but all the data keeps being Rejected.

This works fine when both Readers are consuming Oracle Spatial but I think the issue may be because my Point data is non-spatial?

Tried the 'Reprojector' Transformer but had no effect. The View with the Point data contains a SHAPE field therefore should contain geometry but the FME non-spatial reader does not contain the field and I cannot pick up the data using a spatial reader.

I may be pursuing the wrong process here?!

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by redgeographics 4 October 2021, 16:07

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

I'm a bit confused: if they should be points and you're using the Oracle non-spatial reader you won't get points, in that case, try the Oracle spatial reader.

Badge +5

I'm a bit confused: if they should be points and you're using the Oracle non-spatial reader you won't get points, in that case, try the Oracle spatial reader.

The Oracle spatial reader does not pick up the View in the DB when you add into the workbench.

I can add coordinate fields into the View, I assume if I did that I would have to then use a 'VertexCreator' Transformer?

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

The Oracle spatial reader does not pick up the View in the DB when you add into the workbench.

I can add coordinate fields into the View, I assume if I did that I would have to then use a 'VertexCreator' Transformer?

Gotcha. Yes, if you have the x and y coordinates available in the view as fields you can use the VertexCreator to build points.

Badge +2

@chris_acc​ The Oracle Spatial reader might not see a view in the table list, but if you just type name of the view in the text field it might pick it up

Badge +5

Unfortunately @Mark Stoakes​ that did not work (on this occasion) but that is good to know for the future.