Question

HTMLreportgenerator ESRI leaflet - feature layer URL more info needed

• 2 September 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +19

Hi there,

I'd like to add an arcgis online feature service to my Html report. When I use the Map Esri leaflet, I'm confused by the terminology of 'feature layer URL'....

Documentation/help

This parameter allows the user to specify a list of comma delimited ArcGIS Online feature layer URLs, that will be displayed as additional layers on the map.

Is this the feature service item Id URL? or do we need to be more specific and enter the REST URL of the layer in the feature service?

htmlReport_Map_esriLeafletAs I understand it leaflet provides visualization capabilities for data hosted in Feature Services, Map Services & Image services.

I think the documentation needs some detailed wording and/or examples. I don't seem to have much luck using this option in the html reports, but I'd very much like to!

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

You need the rest url of the layer in the feature service, for example:

https://services6.arcgis.com/C4zx6qagYX0uyqZP/ArcGIS/rest/services/ServiceName/FeatureServer/0

I have the same issue, doesn't work for me either with the REST URL.. DID YOU SUCCEED? thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge +19

Yes if the REST web service is a feature service... but some other services like raster tile image service layers do not

Badge +1

can we add Othophotos or feature classes from File GDB (ArcGis Pro) ?

Userlevel 2
Badge +19

You would first need to publish them to ArcGIS Server / portal or ArcGIS online. Go to the item description and find out the REST URL (bottom right hand corner). Paste this link into the htmlreportgenerator Leaflet feature layer URL

Badge +2

Yes if the REST web service is a feature service... but some other services like raster tile image service layers do not

raster tile image service layers would be quite useful if supported