Solved

Oracle writer column does not exist in table

• 10 August 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hi,

I am updating an existing table (in fact updating/inserting/deleting with fme_db_operation, created with ChangeDetector).

All data is well updated, all coming from my revised source, on all columns of my destination table.

However, I have a lot of warning telling me that the column xxxxxx does not exist in table XXXXXXX.

In the database, the columns exist, of course.

I am using a FeatureWriter and the feature types have been imported from dataset, Oracle Spatial Object and selecting the tables.

All columns are not updated (some have the red triangle, other the green one).

Any idea why I get these warning, whereas the columns are well updated ?

icon

Best answer by p.jeremie 24 August 2021, 09:56

View original

5 replies

Badge

No one have a clue ?

@Hans van der Maarel​ @ebygomm​, you often have great answers :)

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

No one have a clue ?

@Hans van der Maarel​ @ebygomm​, you often have great answers :)

Thanks! 😁

Oracle isn't my strong side I'm afraid, but I'll give it a shot. I can't see anything wrong with the process you mention and if I understand you correctly the data is in fact being updated where it should be.

The column names that are being reported as not existing are columns you are updating, correct?

Badge

Thanks! 😁

Oracle isn't my strong side I'm afraid, but I'll give it a shot. I can't see anything wrong with the process you mention and if I understand you correctly the data is in fact being updated where it should be.

The column names that are being reported as not existing are columns you are updating, correct?

@Hans van der Maarel​ Yes, I have only some columns I want to update in the table, the ones I kept (AttributeKeeper) before the FeatureWriter. So they are with the green triangle, whereas other columns are with red triangle.

All columns of the table (except the geometry one and the used key, 1 column in my case) are reported not existing.

I wonder if it has something to do with the characters case. I will check.

Edit : All attributes are already in UPPERCASE as in the database.

Badge

Thanks! 😁 

Oracle isn't my strong side I'm afraid, but I'll give it a shot. I can't see anything wrong with the process you mention and if I understand you correctly the data is in fact being updated where it should be.

The column names that are being reported as not existing are columns you are updating, correct?

I narrowed down the origin of the issue. It occurs only when I have some features to DELETE (fme_db_operation=DELETE).

For INSERT and UPDATE no warning.

Log snippet : 

2021-08-12 16:29:54|   0.9|  0.0|INFORM|Connected to ORACLE database `xxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
2021-08-12 16:29:54|   0.9|  0.0|INFORM|Using existing column `GEOMETRIE' to store geometry in table `SCHEMA.I_ZONE_VEGE_TEST'
2021-08-12 16:29:54|   0.9|  0.0|INFORM|Oracle table 'I_ZONE_VEGE_TEST' already exists. Using existing table
2021-08-12 16:29:54|   0.9|  0.0|WARN  |Column 'DATE_CREAT' does not exist in table 'I_ZONE_VEGE_TEST'
2021-08-12 16:29:54|   0.9|  0.0|WARN  |Column 'DATE_MAJ' does not exist in table 'I_ZONE_VEGE_TEST'
2021-08-12 16:29:54|   0.9|  0.0|WARN  |Column 'NATURE' does not exist in table 'I_ZONE_VEGE_TEST'
2021-08-12 16:29:54|   0.9|  0.0|WARN  |Column 'SOUS_TYPE' does not exist in table 'I_ZONE_VEGE_TEST'

Badge

Thanks! 😁

I ended up using two writers, one for update/insert with all columns and one for delete with only the key.

This way I have no warnings.