Solved

How do you batch deploy multiple data sources into single Excel file?

Badge +5

I am able to create separate Excel files for each data source processed in the batch routine (consecutively), but can't figure out how to append the output of each translation into one file. The schema is the same throughout.

Thanks,

@larue

icon

Best answer by larue 22 December 2021, 03:56

View original

6 replies

Badge +5

If the file name is the same and the Excel writer has "Overwrite Existing File" set to No then data should be appended to the one file for multiple runs of the workspace.

Badge +5

If the file name is the same and the Excel writer has "Overwrite Existing File" set to No then data should be appended to the one file for multiple runs of the workspace.

Hi @gazza,

I am getting one Excel file per data source (CAD file) and it doesn't seem to matter if the overwrite is selected. The names of the Excel files created are taken from each CAD file processed. It does not give me a filename like I have specified in this dialog box. To be clear, this happens when I use Batch Deploy, not a single workspace run.

Excel Writer 

Badge +5

Hi @gazza,

I am getting one Excel file per data source (CAD file) and it doesn't seem to matter if the overwrite is selected. The names of the Excel files created are taken from each CAD file processed. It does not give me a filename like I have specified in this dialog box. To be clear, this happens when I use Batch Deploy, not a single workspace run.

Excel Writer 

I haven't used Batch Deploy before but apparently there is an "Retain Source dataset basename in destination path" option when running it. What do you have that set to?

Badge +5

Hi @gazza,

Excel Writer 

I have tried a few things, including unchecking that feature, but no luck. Will experiment a little more with it, and hopefully I can find more documentation somewhere. Stay tuned!

Badge +5

Hi @gazza,

Excel Writer 

Still can't figure this one out. Tried all different combinations of the Batch Deploy parameters and set Excel Writer to no overright but only get either one source translation or both in separate files.

Badge +5

Select all data sources /files at once in your reader(s) and then make sure to use the same attributes in the writer. I recommend putting a sorter before the writer.