Question

Why did i get wrong raster extent from clipper transformer when i use shape file as clipper and raster as clipee? I 'v used fme from arcgis pro v.2.5

When I clip raster by shape file by using clppper transformer I 'v used it in fme from arcgis pro v.2.5. I notice that the output raster extent could not exactly same as of shape file. They are not identical. Please someone kindly describe me and clue some resolution about this problems.

5 replies

Badge +4

Hi @thanatej​,

have all inputs the EPSG-code and did you try to set the code manually?

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Keep in mind that rasters have pixels which have a defined size. It might not be possible to have your raster line up exactly with the UTM grid.

A tool which might help is the RasterCellOriginCoercer, and also a RasterResampler. These tools might help you align the geotiff to the UTM grid a little better.

This might need to be done before the clipping

Thank you so much. I discover from other questions in this forum that alignment raster data in FME is so difficult. Rather, i split my script in two part and use Clip tool of ArcGIS Pro solving this issue. I hope the Idea of the new clipper tool act like the clip tool of ArcGIS will be upcoming in FME.

Hi @thanatej​,

have all inputs the EPSG-code and did you try to set the code manually?

Many thanks

Keep in mind that rasters have pixels which have a defined size. It might not be possible to have your raster line up exactly with the UTM grid.

A tool which might help is the RasterCellOriginCoercer, and also a RasterResampler. These tools might help you align the geotiff to the UTM grid a little better.

This might need to be done before the clipping

kindly answer