Question

Dynamic connection file in FeatureWriter ESRI Geodatabase (ArcSDE Geodb)

• 7 August 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I've configured a FeatureWriter to dynamically write feature classes to an ESRI Geodatabase, but I need to be able to write different feature types to different databases.

I've configured the FeatureWriter to get the connection file from an attribute, but it only uses the first connection file attribute it receives, it doesn't change connection based on the attribute value of the incoming features.

Is there a way to get it to do this, or do I need to setup a writer for each possible database connection?

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Oh really?! I would have assumed this would work. Very strange. Is your data sorted by FeatureType? If So you Could try and put the FeatureWriter inside a CustomTransformer and use the GroupBy option. This might help work around the issue.

Badge +1

I know this was a long time ago, but the solution we ended up using was to create two workspaces and use a WorkspaceRunner.

The first workspace would sort our list of datasets by destination, then call the WorkspaceRunner for each unique destination. (At least this was still the case with the first version of FME2021, may be resolved in more recent versions.)