Question

Point to dwg symbol

• 3 August 2020
  • 6 replies

Hi.

I am wanting to export a point layer (GEODATABASE FILE) to a .dwg using the pre-reconfigured block template symbols. 

I have attempted using the DWGStyler but it will not pick up the templates symbols for some reason and just places a point. I have tried following https://community.safe.com/s/question/0D54Q000080hglVSAQ/replace-point-with-symbol-from-a-dwg but there is not quite enough detail on how to go about it.

Can someone please provide the parameters that I need to fill to get the symbol to a dwg file.

Thanks.

6 replies

Badge +9

Hello @pauledrummond​ , have you set the autocad_block_name attribute?

This image is the settings from dwgstyler that we have done and the block creates as expected.

dwgstyler

Hello @pauledrummond​ , have you set the autocad_block_name attribute?

This image is the settings from dwgstyler that we have done and the block creates as expected.

dwgstyler

Thanks for your response @deanhowell​ .

I have done the same although using an attribute for the Block Name. My Block name has spaces in it (WATER_Valve - Sluice). Do you think that may be an issue?

Paul

Badge +9

I have done the same although using an attribute for the Block Name. My Block name has spaces in it (WATER_Valve - Sluice). Do you think that may be an issue?

Paul

Hello @pauledrummond​ I am not sure but worth checking. If you have a sample file and dwg template, I would be happy to check for you?

Paul

Thanks for that @deanhowell​ .

I would love to know what I'm doing wrong!

Regards, Paul

Badge +9

Thanks @pauledrummond​ I think I found the issue.

The shapefile has the block name attribute as StopValve-Sluice but that does not exist in your template. If I used a different one like WATER_Value - Sluice then it works (with spaces).

Thanks @pauledrummond​ I think I found the issue.

The shapefile has the block name attribute as StopValve-Sluice but that does not exist in your template. If I used a different one like WATER_Value - Sluice then it works (with spaces).

Fantastic @deanhowell​ !

Thanks so much for your efforts. Really appreciated.

Regards, Paul