Question

My KMLtourbuilder is "jumping" through the whole tour in Google earth

• 1 December 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi,

I am trying to build a KMLtour in FME so I can use it in Google earth. However, it is not working as I wish it did. First of all, from 3rd perspective it moves with a blink of an eye to the start position. I would like it to smoothly move to the start position. And secondly, it is "jumping" up and down, back and forth throughout the whole tour. What I really would like the KMLtourbuilder to create is to run it smoothly from start position to end position.

Can someone please help me with this task? I will attach all my work in a zipfile and also the kml tour builder that may be open through google earth.

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Hi @souryananassera,

A couple of things you can try is to ensure that the input has a line geometry of the path that you want your tour to take. If you use a line or polyline, the vertexes on the line will be the stops. In our example using the KMLTourBuilder in Climbing Sydney Harbour Bridge with KMLTourBuilder, it looks like Dean has drawn in the polyline in SketchUp. Head's up that the downloadable example is currently in maintenance, but you can still see the workflow setup and the resulting kml for help.

Some settings you could also change in the transformer are:

1. Increase the Duration time from 50 seconds to something longer if there are many stops
  2. Change the Translation Type from Bounce to Smooth
  3. Increase the Delay Duration from 1 second to something longer, maybe 3+ seconds?

But I think have a line path will probably help the most in setting the direction of the tour and keeping it smooth. Check out the KMLTourBuilder parameters here for more information on each parameter. Hope that helps!