Question

Create correct cesium tile

• 28 January 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +11

Hello to the masters of FME. I am a new user. and I have a question that I can’t find the answer to, I really hope for the help and support of the community. I'm trying to create the correct cesium tiles, but in the sea of information I found only two parameters that I can not make work.

The first parameter is cesium priority, following the description https://knowledge.safe.com/answers/48967/view.html I created a test scene and could not achieve this parameter.

the second parameter was found in this answer https://knowledge.safe.com/answers/77990/view.html it, due to my meager knowledge, I could not even realize how this should work.

Third, when creating cesium tiles, it is possible to control only the number of individual objects in a single file. And in tiles, objects are collected not in a limited uniform area, but in some pieces. How is it possible to control all these parameters without losing the individuality of objects?

Maybe someone can present a compiled example in one place.

my scene

data

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @muzhnasto,

To see the results of the cesium_priority, you need a larger number of objects. I am attaching a workspace that uses your actual2 dataset, and sets priority to the flight attribute. I also set max features per file to 10. When you view it in Cesium, you will notice that the features with the lowest flight numbers will disappear as you zoom out, but the tall building with flight=999 remains visible.

Currently, there is no way to control the tiling of the Cesium features in FME, although FME will try to tile based on geographic proximity.

cesium_priority.fmw

Badge +11

Hi @muzhnasto,

To see the results of the cesium_priority, you need a larger number of objects. I am attaching a workspace that uses your actual2 dataset, and sets priority to the flight attribute. I also set max features per file to 10. When you view it in Cesium, you will notice that the features with the lowest flight numbers will disappear as you zoom out, but the tall building with flight=999 remains visible.

Currently, there is no way to control the tiling of the Cesium features in FME, although FME will try to tile based on geographic proximity.

cesium_priority.fmw

helo @daveatsafe conducted a small test and if you calculate my scheme, then we will get many folders with your own set of data and tileset, if you look at each file they are formed by the right square, how can i am put this together in one cesium project (one tileset and folder with b3dm)

33835-cesium-priority_v2.fmw