Question

The translation of numerous FGDB by using the same script fails

• 8 September 2017
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

Hello,

I'm a beginner with the FGDB translators in FME.

I would like to create a generic script which will be able to transform any FGDB into Geojson files. As I don't have any ESRI license, I use the FGDB Open API reader/writer.

When I launch the script, the first FGDB is correctly transformed, but when I try to relaunch with a new one, which doesn't use the same tables, nothing happens.

Did I forget something?

Here is my (very, very simple) script.

Thanks for your advice.

3 replies

Badge +6

Hello @lavairye,

I believe you will want to use a wildcard character to read in all the geodatabases, along with a dynamic writer for the GeoJSON. On your attached workspace, I noticed a FileGDB API reader had been attached but I could not see any feature types attached to the GeoJSON writer.

I have edited the workspace so that you can see how to read in all geodatabases. You will have to point to the directory, and then make use of the wild card * to read in all file geodatabases.

Let me know if that helps. dynamicreadfgdb.fmw
Userlevel 2
Badge +16

What you want is a dynamic schema workspace.

Using a static schema defines the tables that will be read (and they are varying in your data).

Using a dynamic schema is used for copying the source one-on-one to the destination, whatever the source schema is.

Thanks, it seems to work exactly as I wish.