Solved

After a cell update via sql, the formulas in Excel don't update automatically

• 9 February 2017
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hi all,

I am updating a cell of an Excel sheet using a SQLExecutor. The update of the cell works fine but I have a formula links to this cell that doesn't update.

I check in Excel and the Woorkbook Calculation parameter is set to automatic.

As I have more than 1000 formulas, I don't want to clik on them and press enter (the only solution I found for now) to update them.

I put in attached the workspace.

icon

Best answer by david_r 10 February 2017, 10:39

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4

As far as I can tell the issue lies with the MS ADO library and not with FME as such. It seems like ADO treats your Excel sheet as a pure database and writes your value into the cell without triggering the recalculation.

However, it seems that if you have your Excel sheet open while you run your workspace, it works. This is probably because the (running) Excel engine receives notification of the changed cell value and acts accordingly.

Badge +2

As far as I can tell the issue lies with the MS ADO library and not with FME as such. It seems like ADO treats your Excel sheet as a pure database and writes your value into the cell without triggering the recalculation.

However, it seems that if you have your Excel sheet open while you run your workspace, it works. This is probably because the (running) Excel engine receives notification of the changed cell value and acts accordingly.

nice workaround! Thank you