Question

error while connectiong to GE Smallworld : FME API version of module 'SWORLDSWAF' is '3.1 20031010', which is older than the current with FME internal API version '3.4 20081031'.

• 22 April 2019
  • 3 replies

Hi

I'm having problem connectiong to Cambridge dataset in smallworld.

my FME version is 2009 and I'm using smallworld core 4.0 , also i have tested it on smallworld core 4.2 with the same error.

The full log is attached.

Best regards,

Aramideh

3 replies

Badge +2

@sadegha This error message can generally be safely ignored. The error reflects which version of the FME API was used to build the Sworld dll vs. the version of the FME API you are currently running. We have not yet found instances of where the FME API is not backward compatible.

If you are not able to connect to Smallworld then you should refer to the knowledge base article Working with GE Smallworld Databases. This references several resources regarding FME & Smallworld. In particular the article Smallworld Connection and Translation Errors describes symptoms and solutions for common errors.

The most common cause for Smallworld connection errors is a mismatch between the version of Smallworld and the version of the Sworld.dll install with FME. It is VERY important that the version of the sworld.dll is matched to the Smallworld version. Users need to contact Smallworld (usually through GE Supprt Central) to obtain the correct sworld.dll in the Smallworld Translators Suite.

@sadegha This error message can generally be safely ignored. The error reflects which version of the FME API was used to build the Sworld dll vs. the  version of the FME API you are currently running. We have not yet found instances of where the FME API is not backward compatible.

If you are not able to connect to Smallworld then you should refer to the knowledge base article Working with GE Smallworld Databases. This references several resources regarding FME & Smallworld. In particular the article Smallworld Connection and Translation Errors describes symptoms and solutions for common errors. 

The most common cause for Smallworld connection errors is a mismatch between the version of Smallworld and the version of the Sworld.dll install with FME. It is VERY important that the version of the sworld.dll is matched to the Smallworld version. Users need to contact Smallworld (usually through GE Supprt Central) to obtain the correct sworld.dll in the  Smallworld Translators Suite.

Hi Mark

Thanks for your reply, it helped a lot.

if you look at the log file there is a line in it :

2019-04-20 19:28:30|   2.8|  0.0|INFORM|Number of Features: 0

which is really odd, because it should show a lot of records.

could you provide me with the dll for sworldswaf.dll and also sworldswaf.fmf. i have Dll's with version 1.0.0.11 and 1.0.1.0 which doesn't work. apparently something is off, i want to sure my dll versions are correct, i have smallworld core 4.00 and 4.2

Best regards,

Aramideh

Badge +2

Hi Mark

Thanks for your reply, it helped a lot.

if you look at the log file there is a line in it :

2019-04-20 19:28:30|   2.8|  0.0|INFORM|Number of Features: 0

which is really odd, because it should show a lot of records.

could you provide me with the dll for sworldswaf.dll and also sworldswaf.fmf. i have Dll's with version 1.0.0.11 and 1.0.1.0 which doesn't work. apparently something is off, i want to sure my dll versions are correct, i have smallworld core 4.00 and 4.2

Best regards,

Aramideh

@sadegha Unfortunately, we are not able to ship the Smallworld sworld.dll or the sworld.fmf. These must be obtained from GE Smallworld as part of their Translators installer. I believe this is still shipped at no charge. You can obtain the Translator installer CD (usually shipped as a .iso file) from Smallworld (GE SupportCentral) or your Smallworld reseller.