Question

Setting position for 3d models

• 16 October 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I want to create many number of 3d model with different position. I am having one 3ds model file and an excel(.xlsx) file which has location data(latitude, longitude) to create many number of 3d model. Using Cloner transformer, I cloned required number of 3d model. But I don't know, how to set the location(longitude, latitude) for the cloned 3d models from the excel file?. Can anyone help me out?.

Here I attached 3d model and it's position excel file.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Take a look at this tutorial here - is should help you.

https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/54027/creating-and-using-geometry-instances.html

What will your output format be? Some formats are better at supporting Geometry instances than others (smaller, better arranged files)

Badge +3

@gnanakarumbayer

You can use an affiner (2 or 3D) for that.

Incorporate or refer to the clone_id (attribute made by the CLoner) in your expressions.

Badge +1

Take a look at this tutorial here - is should help you.

https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/54027/creating-and-using-geometry-instances.html

What will your output format be? Some formats are better at supporting Geometry instances than others (smaller, better arranged files)

Hi @virtualcitymatt ,

Thanks for your help.

My output format is Cesium 3dtiles. I tried based on the tutorial that you suggested. But, I could not get output. In the SharedItemIDSetter transformer output not coming. All are get rejected.

Here I share my FMW file. Can you please check the file and help me?.

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Hi @virtualcitymatt ,

Thanks for your help.

My output format is Cesium 3dtiles. I tried based on the tutorial that you suggested. But, I could not get output. In the SharedItemIDSetter transformer output not coming. All are get rejected.

Here I share my FMW file. Can you please check the file and help me?.

Ahh the rejection is probably happening because of feature caching (it didn't reject for me when running thw whole workspace). In order for the SharedItemAdder/SharedItemSetter to work together they must both be run. Try turning off feature caching then rerunning.

In addition you should make sure that your models are scaled correctly and that their origin (0,0,0) is in the right place relative to your points. When I looked at the model I saw that it was much larger and was getting placed in the wrong location relative to the points.

If you find you can't see anything in your output I would suggest reprojecting to LL84. I have found that this tends to work best for 3D Tiles (although that may have just been because of the particular configuration of our maps.