Question

Creatig arc with pythoncaller

• 10 April 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to create polygons with arcs (airspace) from aixm 4.5 data. I found this extremely useful workspace from @takashi i here:

https://knowledge.safe.com/questions/56273/how-to-create-a-good-geometry-with-coordinates-xy.html

but I'm having troubles with the pythoncaller to create arcs. While it works pretty well on some data subset (ead_identifier contains _EI) for others I get a "math domain error"(ead_identifier contains _EG) and I can't figure out why.

Any help would be appreciated

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @sandry, hopefully this workspace example helps you.

create-arc-with-python-example.fmwt (FME 2019.2.3)

Hi @takashi, thank you for your time ! I added a LineCloser after the LineCombiner but some polygons outputs don't look right. In this example one of the points as a different id (I'm thinking it might come from the snapper parameters). I also tried to add a sorter to solve the weird geometry problem, but it doesn't' change anything. Any ideas ?

Hi @takashi, thank you for your time ! I added a LineCloser after the LineCombiner but some polygons outputs don't look right. In this example one of the points as a different id (I'm thinking it might come from the snapper parameters). I also tried to add a sorter to solve the weird geometry problem, but it doesn't' change anything. Any ideas ?

Hi @takashi, I'm still having issues with this, I think those weird geometries are coming from the handling of arc directions, clockwise (CWA) and anti-clock wise (CCA).

Sorry to bother you again, but do you see how I could solve this ?