Solved

Classification Point Cloud data collected by Car mounted device.

• 11 June 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hello FME User,

Does any one having experience to process LIDAR or Point Cloud data collected by Car mounted device.

I need to classify the data in to Road Surface , Building , Tree trunks, electricity pole along with Road

The bad news is in point cloud we don’t have any calcification values it’s “Zero” everywhere.

Can any one please guides me. Unfortunately data can not be share.

icon

Best answer by jlutherthomas 11 June 2019, 22:40

View original

4 replies

Badge +2

Hi @amolparande

I don't think there's going to be an easy way to do this - when I've done a similar project in the past I had to manually identify the coordinate bounds and intensity values for the object(s) I was trying to classify, then use a PointCloudFilter to split the point cloud up into those features.
Badge +1

Hi @amolparande

I don't think there's going to be an easy way to do this - when I've done a similar project in the past I had to manually identify the coordinate bounds and intensity values for the object(s) I was trying to classify, then use a PointCloudFilter to split the point cloud up into those features.

@jlutherthomas Thank's for your input

can you please give me some inputs how can this be done ?

or any workbench you have for reference ?

Badge +2

@jlutherthomas Thank's for your input

can you please give me some inputs how can this be done ?

or any workbench you have for reference ?

I don't have any workspaces for reference.

You would need to spend time manually interpreting and classifying your data using the components you have available if you want to be able filter it different features in FME .

Unfortunately I don't think this is going to give you very precise results (and will be time intensive) due to the data values you have. I don't know whether your data vendor is able to do any classification for you?

Hi @amolparande,

Maybe this could be helpful:

https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/1096/color-and-point-clouds.html