Solved

ExcelStyler - Conditional background formatting based on value of another cell

• 11 April 2019
  • 8 replies

I would like to color the cells of my first column ID_WS based on the text value contained in a cell UPDATE_STATUS which basically contains the fme_db_operation value.

I tried to apply the styling with ExcellFormater but it doesn't seem to be working in the output.

What am I doing wrong here ? Thank you !

icon

Best answer by ebygomm 16 April 2019, 11:47

View original

8 replies

Badge +2

Hi @tsirkuse, what version of FME are you using? In 2019, when you are configuring the Parameter Condition Definition, you can pick the colour using the ... button. This will give you the right values to represent your chosen colour. In my test this works as expected.

Hope this helps.

Xiaomeng

Hi @tsirkuse, what version of FME are you using? In 2019, when you are configuring the Parameter Condition Definition, you can pick the colour using the ... button. This will give you the right values to represent your chosen colour. In my test this works as expected.

Hope this helps.

Xiaomeng

Hello,

I am using 2018.1 and I have been using the button to select the color, yet I don't get any color formatting on my output excell sheet.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

The excel styer should be creating an attribute called ID_WS.formatting, this needs to be written out as an attribute for the styling to work. I don't see it included on your writer in the image you posted.

The excel styer should be creating an attribute called ID_WS.formatting, this needs to be written out as an attribute for the styling to work. I don't see it included on your writer in the image you posted.

Hello,

The attribute is written out in the styler but not in the writter. This matches an example I found on the safe website

I tried connecting the ID_WS.formatting to a format attribute in the writer but this creates an error in Excel on opening the document.

Example :

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

Hello,

The attribute is written out in the styler but not in the writter. This matches an example I found on the safe website

I tried connecting the ID_WS.formatting to a format attribute in the writer but this creates an error in Excel on opening the document.

Example :

The attribute on the writer needs to be called ID_WS.formatting, it is set as a user attribute not a format attribute.

An example which creates 10 features, which are then styled depending on whether they are odd or even. Written out to one sheet with the ID.formatting attribute and the other sheet without

excel_apply_format.fmw

The attribute on the writer needs to be called ID_WS.formatting, it is set as a user attribute not a format attribute.

An example which creates 10 features, which are then styled depending on whether they are odd or even. Written out to one sheet with the ID.formatting attribute and the other sheet without

excel_apply_format.fmw

Hello,

The formatter seems to work only when applying the formatting to the same cell the value is used conditional for.

Whenever I try to style ID_WS based on another column, it fails.

Thank you

Hope this helps.

Xiaomeng

@xiaomengatsafe the styler seems to work only when basing formatting on values of the same cell/attribute/feature. If I am trying to style my first column based on a value in another column, it doesn't work.

Userlevel 1
Badge +21
Hello,

The formatter seems to work only when applying the formatting to the same cell the value is used conditional for.

Whenever I try to style ID_WS based on another column, it fails.

Thank you

I don't see the same behaviour. If i change the excelstyler to style a second_column based on the ID column it works

excel_apply_format.fmw