Question

how to place same feature in different locations?

• 7 August 2019
  • 2 replies

I'm trying to create a citygml file which includes an inventory of trees. Coordinates are obtained from a txt file but I would like to asign geometries obtained from more detailed file type such as SketchUp.

I would like to know if there is a way to assing the sketchup geometry to several pair of coordinates. I've been trying using FeatureMerger Transformer but all trees are located in the same, which is logic because the supplier is located in the same place but, it's there a way to change it?.

I haven't set up any citygml attribute because I haven't been able to change the geometry of the feature. After that I have to assing the base height or z coordinate from a DSM, I guess I will try with the transformer surfacedrapper.

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +16

You can use the coordinates from the text file (as attributes) and use the Offsetter transformer to move the Sketchup geometry of the tree to the right location.

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Hi @camiloaleon,

Doing this for CityGML is a little complex if you want to create something which isn't so bit. Here is a template which you can use as a guide to make your own workflow.

https://hub.safe.com/publishers/con-terra/templates/citygml-create-solitaryvegetationobject-with-implicit-representation