Question

Add Custom Property Set to IFCBeam

Badge

Hi,

I created new attributes in connection to a BIM project. Now I want to add these results back into my IFC file as a custom property set. I have been inspired by the 'AutoCAD to IFC Conversion Example', but my root IFC File is a little bit more complex then an AutoCAD DWG.

I can write the attributes to the geometry, but, in my opinion, the result is on the false hierarchy level. The other custom property sets a stored as a geometry instance (Aggregate). So how can I write the property sets at the right place?

For a better explanation, I add my Workspace and a screenshot from the transformation result.

Thanks for your help!

2 replies

Badge

Hey,

I tried to find another solution for this problem. I added a custom property set in Revit with empty/'0'-value, after this I exported the beam as ifc2x3 (IfcBeam). So I get a custom property set ('Allgemein') with IFCPROPERTYSINGLEVALUEs -different names, compared to my frist question, sry!- (type: IFCVOLUMEMEASURE).

After this I had access to the correct hierarchy with the 'GeometryPropertySetter' (look at the attached picture from Inspector below).

Looks fine... After writing the IFC File with the updated traits, the custom property set at 'IfcBeam' and the Definition at 'PropertySetDefinition' is deleted. Why?! Is it necessary to remove the geometry, like shown in the 'Updating IFC Example', to get the correct structure of IFC? But, in my opinion, it is not necessary to do a structural change/geometry removal!

Can you help me with a solution for one of the problems? Thanks!

Hi, did you eventually find an effective solution to this? I'm having a similar problem. Thanks.