Question

AttributeKeeper does not keep coordinates

I'm try to establish an SHP-Minecraft translation, but in the 2016 version of FME, I had some trouble with the AttributeKeeper. I have an input SHP (point), connected with a coordinate extractor. After that, I attached an AttributeKeeper. I want to keep some SHP attributes, and the coordinates, extracted by the CoordinateExtractor. For some reason, the Keeper lost the XYZ coordinates. If I took try the same in FME 2015, the keeper will keep the attributes. Is it a version error, or I missed something?

The following pictures shows the connection, and the settings. In the keeper, I cannot tick the mother attribute, just the children attributes (XYZ).

Thanks for your help.

Bálint

4 replies

Badge +5

Hi @gulkhanra

Because the x/y/z are being extracted as a 'list' type of attribute, instead of using the Attributes to Keep parameter, you should use the Lists to Keep parameter, like so:

Hope this helps

Mark

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @gulkhanra, alternatively you can use the 'Specify Coordinate' option for the 'Mode' parameter. The transformer with this mode is equivalent to the one in FME 2015 and earlier.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @gulkhanra, alternatively you can use the 'Specify Coordinate' option for the 'Mode' parameter. The transformer with this mode is equivalent to the one in FME 2015 and earlier.

In addition, it might be better if the AttributeKeeper could be improved to expose list elements which the user specify in the 'Attributes to Keep' parameter.

Thank you guys:)

I tried both, and both is good, but I prefered the AttributeKeeper version:)

I' can proceed now with my research:)

Thanks again:)