Question

Read Dynamic Attributes In Excel

• 20 December 2018
  • 2 replies

As an example above, I have 2 files with different attributes as headers like Year numbers.

The excel reader reads file 1 with years but If I use the same reader for file 2 then it does recognise the non matching attributes and its values.

How can I read the attributes dynamically irrespective of which excel file I am reading.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @vemanaanne

I suggest you use the transformer Creator to Start your Workpace and after use the transformer FeatureReader to extract dynamic values between your two ( 2 ) files:

Thanks,

Danilo

Badge

This did the trick for me. I had found suggestions about workflow setting, schema readers, etc; none of them worked. I have a workbench on FME Server that people feed their Excel into. Two attributes are fixed, but the user can add additional attributes they want to see in their shapefile. It took me a few tweaks to get the parameters right, but setting Features to Read = Schema and Data Features and Accumulation Mode = Only Use Result took care of it. The output changes schema as different spreadsheets are read in.

Thanks for the question and answer.