Question

Setting up an API workspace

• 14 November 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hello,

I'm trying to set up a workspace where I can ingest an API and send it to Socrata. My background is not technical so when I look at the example FME workspaces and research JSON transformers, I know am not identifying all the necessary transformers that would take the JSON and turn it into a CSV.

Attached is my current simple test (the credentials are placeholders and do not work) and I would appreciate any insights or direction.

Thank you,

2 replies

Badge +9

Hi @hbeata,

I'd start by taking a look at this article. https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/45081/json-transformations.html

It does seem like you have the starting point correct, you have a creator attached to an HTTPCaller. This HTTPCaller will store the JSON in an attribute called the response body. After this, I would use either a JSONFlattener or JSONFragmenter (depending on the data structure), to create new attributes. To do this follow the above article. Then you can use an AttributeKeeper, to decide which attributes to keep. Then write it out to a CSV.

If you are still confused after following the tutorial I can mock up a workspace if you provide me with a sample of your JSON.

Badge

Thanks @SiennaAtSafe -- I will take a look. Appreciate the help!