Question

runWorkspaceWithData gives "Shape Reader: No Shape files found in specified folder '.'"

• 9 May 2018
  • 1 reply

I have struggled both with samples and without samples trying to understand what stops the FME job. It’s an transformation from SWEREF99 to RT90 coordinate system that works fine if running directly in the FME server web environment.

When I run it from a js-routine and even when I simulate the calls in Postman I get the same problem.

It ends with:

• Shape Reader: No Shape files found in specified folder '.'. Check if folder specified is valid
  • Error fetching dynamic schema definitions from reader `SHAPE_1'. Error reading from `.' reader.
  • MULTI_WRITER: Error fetching dynamic schema definitions from reader 'SHAPE_1'

I have attached the log-file if you can see anything from that.

Best Regards

johan

1 reply

Badge +9

Hi @johanehallgren,

It's a little hard to tell for sure from the logfile, but it sort of looks like the Shapefile reader in the workspace thinks it was sent multiple shapefiles to read. It seems to successfully read from: PFM_DZ_LOC_v23.zip_1525871063153_3084\\PFM_DZ_LOC_v23.shp then fail when it tries to read from '.'

If you open the Job history for your FME Server, and open one of those failing jobs, could you please send a screenshot of what the Source Shapefile path looks like? I'm wondering if there might be something wrong with spaces or quotes around the path to the file.

If that doesn't help, could you please share a sample of the js code you are using to submit this job? Seeing that may help in finding the problem.