Question

Does FME support Microstation Connect Item Sets?

Badge

Hello,

Does FME support Microstation Connect DGN "Item sets"?

I have an Item named Roof attached to a cell with a Type attribute of value 1030 - please see image below and attached.

Unfortunately, I cannot see it when I preview the data in FME Data Inspector.

Does it mean FME does not support "Item Stes"?

Please note that "Item Sets" in Microstation Connect are equivalent to DGN v8 "Tags Sets", i.e. tags.

I need to be able to read them, i.e. item set values.

Please see the DGN attached as well.

Your help much appreciated!

Many thanks,

Magda

6 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

These item sets are related to geometry or attributes?

If you are referrring to 3D view in inspector then you have to enable the 3D view in inspector.

If it is attributes kindly post a screenshot from microstation.

Pratap

Badge

Hi,

These item sets are related to geometry or attributes?

If you are referrring to 3D view in inspector then you have to enable the 3D view in inspector.

If it is attributes kindly post a screenshot from microstation.

Pratap

The screenshot from Microstation is shown, attached and a DGN available for download.

The question is not about 3D view in Data Inspector but thanks for looking.

Thanks,

Magda

Hello Magda, Curious have you heard anything with regards to this question? I am also quite interested in this as I want to be able to merge my DGN files into a geo dbase and access the Item type values from GIS.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Hi @magda

At the moment FME does not support item sets. However it's been filed as an enhancement request already, reference number PR#78766. I've added a link to this thread and increased the priority as much as I can. There is no target date set for its implementation so I don't know if or when it would be implemented.

In the meantime I would suggest:

- You post this as an Idea on this site, so that other users can vote for the functionality

- You contact our support or sales team (support.safe.com) if there's any extra technical information you can provide or if there is a really compelling business case for increasing the priority

Sorry it's not currently supported, but I hope that it will be in the near future.

Regards

Mark

Hi @magda

At the moment FME does not support item sets. However it's been filed as an enhancement request already, reference number PR#78766. I've added a link to this thread and increased the priority as much as I can. There is no target date set for its implementation so I don't know if or when it would be implemented.

In the meantime I would suggest:

- You post this as an Idea on this site, so that other users can vote for the functionality

- You contact our support or sales team (support.safe.com) if there's any extra technical information you can provide or if there is a really compelling business case for increasing the priority

Sorry it's not currently supported, but I hope that it will be in the near future.

Regards

Mark

Thanks for the prompt reply and suggestion to submit as idea. I have submitted the idea for vote.

Badge +2

Just wanted to add a note here to mention that PR#78766 has been marked as resolved as of FME 2019.2 (build 19723) and FME 2020.0 (build 20041). Note: our team has implemented reading Item Set Attributes in the DGNv8 but are investigating some attributes not being read correctly (ref. FMEENGINE-60847)

If you are still running into issues, please contact our support team referencing FMEENGINE-60847 in the body of the email if attributes are not being read in.