Question

Excel Formula Not Read in Dynamic Report

• 30 October 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge +4

Hello,

I have a shapefile whose report I am trying to generate by pivoting. The result, I am able to get on different sheets. But the output is not calculating the formulas and hence I am not able to calculate summary for all the sheets. The template has only one sheet as a reference. It also has some formulas which calculate the summary.

When the reporting is done for the single file it reads the formula and generates the summary as well.

Attached herewith is the sample workbench and the template file to refer to. Any help in this regard is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

1 reply

Badge +2

@mukhtarg The name of the template sheet has to match the name of the output sheet. We should look at changing this so that the same template sheet can be used for different sheets.

You can create a separate Excel file for each shape file - each with the template. To do this use the Writer Dataset Fanout.

On your writer, select Fanout Dataset

and then set the fanout expression using the Text Editor, for example:

Dynamic_@Value(fme_feature_type).xlsx

this will give you a separate Excel file for each source shape file, with a single Sheet1 that matches your template. Example workspace (2019.2): excelreportexample.fmw