Question

Naming data download output folder

• 11 March 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge +7

I would like to change the name of the folder that is in the datadownload zip to something else than dataset. Is this possible?

My flow:

I tried giving this option a parameter value from $(exportname). Defined as:

When exporting it from the server with data download it gets ignored and only uses the default value.

When using the job submitter it does not:

It is possible to change the name but it looks like it only accepts the default value and not the incoming parameter that i use in my self made function. I checked at the beginning of the log and the workflow receives the correct value but does not use it with the data download and only uses the default.

Is there another way that i can use to manipulate the name of the folder in the zip when using the data download service?

2 replies

Badge +7

Extra info: FME server build 18305 running in FME Cloud.

Badge +2

Hi @jdh009,

Unfortunately I do not believe we currently support changing the data download path using User Parameters at run time. The Data Download Service picks up the output folder path that is set in the service properties at the time of upload, if you do not manually change this then it takes the default values. From what I can tell this parameter cannot ingest a user parameter at this time so you will need to set this to a static value.

If you would like to request support for this please consider posting an idea.