Question

copy some sheets include texts to new excel and add new sheet from another excel to the same excel output

• 9 February 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge +13

i want to copy the first sheet that include name and number to new excel sheet and rename it to Roads and copy the second sheet to sheet called details and i want to add another sheet ,output of fme but i got it from another excel .so at the end i want to get 3 sheets ,roads,detail,result

i did static calculator for the third sheet and get my output but from another excel so i should have three sheets in result excel two from roads and one output of fme

but my output from work space ,i want to change it to blank page and write my output ,looks like the another sheets.

my files

Thanks for help

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @gogopotter90, you can copy sheets from an existing Excel file and also add a new sheet to the destination Excel file, if you set the existing file as template in the Excel writer. However, in the current FME, I think there is no way to rename the copied sheets unfortunately.

This screenshot illustrates a template setting example. See also the attached workspace.

excel-writer-template-example.fmwt (FME 2019.2.3)

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @gogopotter90, you can copy sheets from an existing Excel file and also add a new sheet to the destination Excel file, if you set the existing file as template in the Excel writer. However, in the current FME, I think there is no way to rename the copied sheets unfortunately.

This screenshot illustrates a template setting example. See also the attached workspace.

I really want this idea to get realized. Please add your feedback and vote it up!

Set Excel Template Sheet in Feature Type Properties

Badge +13

I really want this idea to get realized. Please add your feedback and vote it up!

Set Excel Template Sheet in Feature Type Properties

thanks for ur reply and i have voted it up bcs it is necessary,but i want to ask .how can i create blank page then i got my output of workspace to write on it , i did sum of lengths by static calculator but i want to have white blank page then overwrite my output ,i mean for my third sheet

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

You can just write features into a brand new sheet (called e.g. Result) as shown in my screenshot above.