Exception Code: c0000409

Exception Data: 0000000000000007

OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.16.7

Locale ID: 3081

Additional Information 1: bef8

Additional Information 2: bef885c27b607af464c2616e642a10f8

Additional Information 3: fcaf

Additional Information 4: fcaf8a62e8bcb47b1e98dbc1383ebc13

Read our privacy statement online: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=280262 If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline: C:\\Windows\\system32\\en-US\\erofflps.txtThe log file error message is

child killed: unknown signal

The workbench is using workspace runner to run another workbench which also fails the same way run directly.

Has anyone else had this problem? any ideas on what is happening?

Thanks

Jacky

8 replies

Badge +5

When you're running the failing workspace directly, what are the last parts of the log? FME should be able to write the log file until it crashes. There might be a failing transformer, Reader, Writer, etc, but it is hard to say without reading the log file.

In which version did you create the workspace? Does it contain old transformer versions, Readers and Writers, which you could try upgrading?

Userlevel 5

Some good tips from @geolassi here. If FME.exe fails immediately before writing any log files, I'd try the following:

• Reboot your computer
  • Try to reproduce while logged in as local admin
  • Try to reproduce with a minimal workspace (e.g. only with a Creator+Logger)
  • Re-install FME

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

If it's a crash like that then there's nothing you can really do to fix the issue. At best you can try and figure out what aspect of the workspace is causing it and then bypass it.

To add to the others' suggestions:

• Try the same workspace on another computer if possible
    • If that works then there is something specific about your computer.
      • Reinstall FME
      • Run a system scan to look for issues on the computer itself
    • If that fails, then it could be a specific feature in your data
      • Try running the workspace on just a few features
      • If that works continue testing until you find the bad feature

But even if you do workaround this, I encourage you to submit this as a support case (http://safe.com/support) including your workspace and data so they can replicate the crash. That way we can fix FME to not crash in this scenario, helping both you and other users.

Thanks

Mark

I have the same problem with BEX64 error. But I have slightly different error codes:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BEX64

Application Name: fme.exe

Application Version: 2017.7.27.17725

Application Timestamp: 5a6016aa

Fault Module Name: StackHash_2264

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000

Exception Offset: 000007fe7f93124b

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Data: 0000000000000008

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.274.10

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 2264

Additional Information 2: 2264db07e74365624c50317d7b856ae9

Additional Information 3: 875f

Additional Information 4: 875fa2ef9d2bdca96466e8af55d1ae6e

I had 2017.7.27.17539 then upgraded to 2017.7.27.17725, same results, same error codes.

My scripts finish writing data and give me the whole summary, then it crashes in both Workbench and Batch Files. If I inspect anything they all throw the exact same Problem signature above when closing the inspector application (but not while running it). Some of the scripts run through the Task Scheduler mostly fine (they at least finish writing data) and some don't even write at all but all of the scripts regardless of data, source, or database brand give an error in Workbench.

I rooted out all the bad features, data types. and other issues I could think of and even installed the latest 2017 build and it still has not improved anything. I rewrote from scratch a few scripts in 2017.1.2 and it still fails. I even completely redid all my readers and writers and got new data tables for where I am writing to. All my transformers are up to date and as far as the last time I called for support (recently) they were all the "better" ones to use from my older scripts before.

Awhile ago I had a ticket and came up with a fix to a lot of my problems but I recently realized some of the scripts still weren't running in task scheduler and now they all are throwing errors and I'm frustrated. I'll get a new ticket but does anyone else have any ideas?

Badge

I ran into the about same problem a few days ago wioth FME Workbench 2018.0.0. The problem was that Workbench crashed while "Initializing Main Window". So Workbench did not start using the shortcut, nor via doubleclicking a FMW-file. Scheduled FME-tasks were just working fine.

I have not been able to spend the time to try to reproduce the error, but I could isolate this to the part of the userprofile that is stored in the Windows Registry. The point is that I we install software using an account with local admin rights on a server after some testing I got the error. Reinstall and repair did not fix it, but the next day FME was just working fine on the same machine using my ordinary normal user account!

Try-ing to delete parts of my admin-profile on %USERPROFILE% (all FME- and Safe-artefacts) did not bring any solution, but removing "Registry:HKCU\\SOFTWARE\\Safe Software Inc." DID!!! When I have more time I will try to find the cause. I have the feeling it's got something to do with file associations on the Win-platform, but Im not sure....

I hope this might be of some help.

Regards, Frank

I had fixed my problem (thanks to @MattAtSafe) and it ended up being a much needed ESRI patch. My FME was installed on a Windows 2008 server with both ArcServer and ArcMap 10.5.1. There are several Windows Updates that are causing a LOT of problems.

See my post here for patch links and answers:

https://knowledge.safe.com/questions/65146/fme-2017-crashes-when-done-and-when-closing.html?childToView=65163#comment-65163

Badge

I have found the specific cause of Workbench to crash. I had ticked the setting "Enable OpenGL For Webview" to "true" because I thought my system had OpenGL... apperantly not... So after resetting this in the Registry back to "false", Workbench started up nicely ;-). I'll inform Safe about my finding.

Badge

I have found the specific cause of Workbench to crash. I had ticked the setting "Enable OpenGL For Webview" to "true" because I thought my system had OpenGL... apperantly not... So after resetting this in the Registry back to "false", Workbench started up nicely ;-). I'll inform Safe about my finding.

This fixed the ucrtbase.DLL crash?