Solved

ESRI Geodatabase to IFC results with no Geometry

• 20 February 2020
  • 9 replies

I am trying to export an Esri geodatabase as ifc using some of the transformers provided in a tutorial for DWG to ifc but I end up with ifc file that has no geometry stored.

icon

Best answer by martintodoroski 24 February 2020, 09:15

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

Hi @martintodoroski! In the last screenshot, are you showing that there is geometry until the AttributeCreator, but then the resulting ifc doesn't have geometry? Can you share your workspace (.fmw) with us along with your full log file (saved in the same directory as your workspace)?

The problem seems to have been the ifc writer at the end. After replacing it, both 2D and 3D geometries were included in the ifc file.

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

The problem seems to have been the ifc writer at the end. After replacing it, both 2D and 3D geometries were included in the ifc file.

That's strange, perhaps the writer needed an update or if it was built around the DWG to IFC tutorial, it was still looking for the DWG source schema. Glad it's working for you now!

Hello, thank you very much for your work. Right now I'm on a similar job and I'm having trouble moving forward. Can I have your script please? Thanks in advance

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Hello, thank you very much for your work. Right now I'm on a similar job and I'm having trouble moving forward. Can I have your script please? Thanks in advance

Hi @kevinkanon34​, while your question is probably for martintodroroski, here's the base workspace from the tutorial AutoCAD to IFC Example. Since this thread is from a few years ago it might not be as visible, so if you have any questions on where you're struggling on your specific workflow, please don't hesitate to post a new question for further help!

@jovitaatsafe​  @martintodoroski​  I have successfully imported my ESRI geodatabases into FME. Since I'm new to FME, I don't know the steps to follow to switch from a geodatabase to an IFC format. I want a script as an example.

Hello,

Unfortunately, I don't have any of the data which was used in the workspace mentioned above. However, you can start with the workspace given in the above mentioned tutorial and adjust it as required. Also, I believe the images provided from my side are sufficient as an example.

Capture2CaptureHello, I was able to make the script to convert a geodatabase to IFC. However I also don't have any 2D 3D geometry in my final IFC file. How can I fix this problem please? thank you

Hi @kevinkanon34​, please look at the top rated answer above.