Solved

FeatureWriter block feature when table qualifier is specify

• 3 December 2019
  • 6 replies

I have two featureWriter fed by same feature. I want to write on a PostgreSQL database.

I specify one with a schemas (Table Qualifier) and the other not.

After that I want to use the result who was write to manage my foreign keys.

The summary is the same (2 features written).

Is it normal that when I specify a table qualifier, any of my feature can't be used after the FeatureWriter ?

icon

Best answer by markatsafe 4 December 2019, 17:37

View original

6 replies

Badge +2

@matthieubarth Thanks for reporting this issue. There's no reason that the Output port should not pass features if the table Qualifier is set. I've reproduced the problem here and we should be able to get this fixed.

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

@matthieubarth Thanks for reporting this issue. There's no reason that the Output port should not pass features if the table Qualifier is set. I've reproduced the problem here and we should be able to get this fixed.

Is there a reference for this issue? @markatsafe

Badge +2

Is there a reference for this issue? @markatsafe

@ebygomm This should be fixed in FME 2020 (build 20168 and later if you want to test a 2020 bet release.)

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

@ebygomm This should be fixed in FME 2020 (build 20168 and later if you want to test a 2020 bet release.)

Thanks, I'll take look

Badge +2

The core issue reported here - that features are not passed to the output port if there is a table qualifier - has been fixed in FME 2020.

However, depending on how you select the table name on the writer, the table qualifier might be incorporated into the table name, i.e. : mark.CellSignals. If this does occur, then the input and output ports will lose their table qualifiers in the port names and also, features may not be passed across to the output port.

If this does occur, then edit the Table Name as shown above - split the Table Name and Table Qualifier into the separate fields.

We'll try and get this address in a future release.

Badge +2

the issue is fixed in FME 2020.

If you are unable to upgrade to FME 2020, then a workaround is to add the qualifier to the table name. i.e. instead of using the table qualifier field, manually add the qualifer name to the table name field : myqualifier.mytable.