Question

Use writer file as a Reader in next step?

Badge

Hello Everybody, I am facing trouble to use a writer file (xml) as a Reader file for the second step. I am writing ESRI format metadata in a text_line and saved as a .xml extension. At the second step i want to use this xml file as a input file. Nothing is working , please see the attached imge. I have tried several ways like user parameter, feature to writer and so on,

10 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

You want to use a feature reader triggered by the featurewriter output instead of a reader so that the file exists at the point you are reading it

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

You want to use a feature reader triggered by the featurewriter output instead of a reader so that the file exists at the point you are reading it

I agree with you, the best way FeatureWriter and after FeatureReader. :)

Userlevel 2
Badge +16

For a text format you can also use the AttributeFileWriter and then re-read using the FeatureReader (or the AttributeFIleReader).

Badge

Hi, thanks, AttributeFileWriter is working, i decleared the output xml as a user parameter and using it for the next step to find the metadata only inside that xml.

Thanks..

Badge

For a text format you can also use the AttributeFileWriter and then re-read using the FeatureReader (or the AttributeFIleReader).

Hi, thanks, AttributeFileWriter is working, i decleared the output xml as a user parameter and using it for the next step to find the metadata only inside that xml.

Thanks..

Badge

I am worng, on the fly it does not work.. See the error..in attributeFile writer one xml is writing but it does not reading thorugh on the fly for next step, FeatureReader will not work because i am reading "Metadata " tag element inside xml, i didnot find any option there to select "Elements to Match "...Dont know what to do now..

Badge

I am worng, on the fly it does not work.. See the error..in attributeFile writer one xml is writing but it does not reading thorugh on the fly for next step, FeatureReader will not work because i am reading "Metadata " tag element inside xml, i didnot find any option there to select "Elements to Match "...Dont know what to do now..

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

Irrespective of whether you use a attributefilewriter or a featurewriter you need to arrange your workstream in order so that features are written before they are read e.g.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Why not use the XMLFragmenter (with Flatten Options) to extract required contents directly from the XML document read by the Geodatabase reader?

Badge

Why not use the XMLFragmenter (with Flatten Options) to extract required contents directly from the XML document read by the Geodatabase reader?

Hello Mr. Takashi, to get an xml file automatically we are currently storing all attribute table of sql server DB into a enterprise GDB in sql server, which is creating a trouble that everytime it is taking the primary key field as OBJECTID and changing the name of the field. So we want now to have the attribute table as it is in a non-spatial database, and want to read it's table name, field names and datatype into an xml file. But I cannot read the field names and data type as a list thus I can use it inside our own schema. Can you please guide me.?

Thanks