Question

Junk attributes in microstation v8 elements's tag

• 15 February 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I am trying to migrate microstation V8 graphic elements with tags into ESRI's shape format. I am using a dynamic reader and fanning out features in different shape files based on fme_feature_type.

The problem is when I read elements from microstation several other attribute appear in the process which are not part of the TAG SET of microstation file. I tried removing those by adding attribute remover or attribute keeper transformers but those attributes are not visible as an attribute in any of the transformers, I can able to see it only FME DATA INSPECTORS attribute property pane, these junk attributes manages to pass through and write in the shape file which I don't want.

Can anyone please help me solving this.

Thanks in advanced

IMRAN

3 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

These attributes are not created by any transformers which you can see in between of translation. These are attributes belong to tags, If you want to see them in between of translation then you have to use attribute exposer. Since <tagname>.display has value of "no",you are not able to see in microstation as well. These will be visible in inspector only.

I don't think these attributes will be written in target, unless those are present in user attribute tab in shape file writer.

Pratap

Badge +1

Hi Pratap,

Thanks for the reply, These attributes are getting written in the target shape writer. I am using a dynamic writer and fanning out the data in terms of feature types.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Have you tried the Attributes to Remove setting in the Dynamic Writer? That will work better, I think, that a transformer.