Solved

Adding sequence attribute

• 11 July 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi, I have a data set of lines that are part of polylines but i am missing attribute sequence. Attribute sequence is number (starting from 1) that represents order of lines for each polyline. Is it possible to add this attribute in a way that number 1 is first line of polyline, 2 second and so on? If not, how can I add this attribute regardless of position of lines in polylines?

This is part of my data set. First column is ID of line and third one is ID of polyline. I need to add fourth column sequence that will have for example for polyline 0 line 142 value of 1, line 7 value of 2 and line 747 value of 3.

icon

Best answer by virtualcitymatt 11 July 2018, 10:33

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

If the lines are entering in the correct order you can use a Counter, set the Counter Name parameter to the ID_polyline attribute: every time that changes it'll start counting again from 0 (or whatever value you set for the count start)

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

If I understand correctly, I think you want to use a counter with the Counter Name set to ID_polyline. This will create a fourth column which will start a new count for each new ID_polyline

Badge

I did not expected it would be so easy. They are not in order but this would be just fine. Thank you @redgeographics and @virtualcitymatt.