Solved

Attribute Creator - using attribute value for a new attribute name

• 21 September 2018
  • 6 replies

Badge

I would like to use an attribute value for a new attribute name using the Attribute Creator transformer, but this just not working. The new attribute is not created even if we can parameter the Attribute Creator to do so:

I am using FME 2018.1.0.1 64bits

I have found this old question with the same issue. According to the accepted answer, the issue was suppose to be fixed in FME 2017. So is the problem fixed or not?

icon

Best answer by ebygomm 21 September 2018, 15:14

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +16

I have used this too.

The attribute seems to be created, but not exposed.

If you check the data in the Data Inspector, you will not find the attribute in the Table panel, but if you select a feature, you will see it in the Feature attributes panel.

Using an AttributeExposer to expose all created attributes will help showing the attributes and their values.

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

You need to expose the attribute after creation for it to be visible in the workflow. It works fine in 2018 for me

Badge

I have used this too.

The attribute seems to be created, but not exposed.

If you check the data in the Data Inspector, you will not find the attribute in the Table panel, but if you select a feature, you will see it in the Feature attributes panel.

Using an AttributeExposer to expose all created attributes will help showing the attributes and their values.

I am having the same problem. I tried attribute exposer but I don't see the attributes that were (supposedly) created in the "Attributes to Expose" dropdown. I'm using FME 2019.

Thank you,

Randy

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

I am having the same problem. I tried attribute exposer but I don't see the attributes that were (supposedly) created in the "Attributes to Expose" dropdown. I'm using FME 2019.

Thank you,

Randy

You have to manually type the attributes in, they won't be selectable in a drop down

Badge +2

You have to manually type the attributes in, they won't be selectable in a drop down

No, that's not the way FME should work, to my opinion... then there is no dynamic solution anymore.

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

No, that's not the way FME should work, to my opinion... then there is no dynamic solution anymore.

If you are writing dynamically, there is no reason to expose attributes in the workspace