Solved

Too slow select lines Within Supplier (Area ) basically crated buffer the dissolved using SpatialRelator

• 18 February 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

I am doing simple analysis selecting lines which are Within Supplier (Area) basically crated buffer followed by dissolved and the SpatialRelator for selecting features.

I have use SpatialRelator for that but tacking too much time (features count 1000000). Can anyone have solution?

icon

Best answer by redgeographics 18 February 2019, 14:13

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

If the requirement is to select only lines within an area, the SpatialFilter could be faster than the SpatialRelator.

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Another transformer to try is the Clipper, like the SpatialFilter that @takashi suggests it has the option to process the Clipper/Filter features first, this reduces the memory footprint and increases speed. Given that you have 1 million features it would be worth trying to improve the workflow anywhere you can.

Allthough in all fairness, with a million features it will take a long time...

Badge +2

@amolparande adding to @takashi 's comment, SpatialFilter has the parameter Filter Type: Filters First which can be used to improve the performance of the spatial filtering. You can try the trick suggested in this question to ensure the filters arrive first if needed. More on feature ordering here.

Badge +1

@amolparande adding to @takashi 's comment, SpatialFilter has the parameter Filter Type: Filters First which can be used to improve the performance of the spatial filtering. You can try the trick suggested in this question to ensure the filters arrive first if needed. More on feature ordering here.

25098-dissolver-issue.fmw @takashi I used SpatialFilter has the parameter Filter Type: Filters First it's quite good.

@MarkAtSafe as suggested I have used the sampler with "Connection runtime order" but could not relay help or I did something wrong please find workspace for reference. seems Dissolver is the very big pain for GIS analysis as compare to the ArcMap ESRI when it comes to performance do we have any planning to improve in upcoming release? In mean while dissolver output can we save temporary and use input for SpatialFilter in same Workflow if yes that might help me isn't it ?