Solved

Read GeoPDF as a single PDF and not split into rows.

• 22 March 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hello all,

I am reading a scanned PDF image of a county and I would like it to read as a single file. It appears to be reading it as 7 different files, which will output into 7 different TIFFs.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem and make it read as a single PDF image?

icon

Best answer by jakemolnar 22 March 2018, 19:03

View original

4 replies

Badge

Have you tried the non-spatial mode "Read Rasterized Pages"?

rasterized-pages-option.png

You can render the entire page as a single raster with this option, at the size of your choice. I recommend the "Scale" mode.

edit: Oh also, I just thought I'd add: the reason you're seeing 7 different "files" is probably because your PDF embeds 7 different images. In spatial modes, every object in the PDF file is emitted separately. In non-spatial modes, there is generally one feature per page instead.

Badge

Have you tried the non-spatial mode "Read Rasterized Pages"?

rasterized-pages-option.png

You can render the entire page as a single raster with this option, at the size of your choice. I recommend the "Scale" mode.

edit: Oh also, I just thought I'd add: the reason you're seeing 7 different "files" is probably because your PDF embeds 7 different images. In spatial modes, every object in the PDF file is emitted separately. In non-spatial modes, there is generally one feature per page instead.

Awesome! Thank you very much, this worked perfectly!

Next time ill try reading the documentation a little better.

Badge
Awesome! Thank you very much, this worked perfectly!

Next time ill try reading the documentation a little better.

I'm glad it worked out for you!

PS. In case it isn't clear in the documentation, the scale (pixels per point) is kind of like a "zoom" parameter. Alternatively, if you know exactly the dimensions of the raster you would like to create, then you can use the "custom" raster size mode.

new user here: would someone suggest the range and settings of the RasterCellValueReplacer and the RasterAndNoDataSetter that would yield a GeoTiff that will satisfy the input conditions for the CADRG converter. I read the docs, but don't understand the use of these two transformers yet.