Solved

Combiner PointCloud files with different times

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi,

The source my customer is PointCloud files ( 4 files ) and these files has different times, for example:

• File A = was caught on the day 08/12/2015
  • File B = was caught on the day 10/11/2015
  • File C = was caught on the day 22/12/2015
  • File D = was caught on the day 02/03/2016

I know that the transformer PoinCloudCombiner is perfect to do this "mosaic" between Pointclouds.

My question is: How the FME works to do a interpolation / mosaic for these 4 files - PointClouds with different times? Do I need to some advance configuration in this transformer PointCloudCombiner?

Thanks,

Danilo

icon

Best answer by nathanatsafe 26 July 2018, 21:22

View original

2 replies

Badge +7

Hi @danilo_fme,

Do I understand correctly that these point clouds occupy the same geographic space, but were simply captured at different times, and you wish to ignore the geographic space and patch them together?

One solution to this problem (maybe not the most elegant) might be to offset File B, C, and D to their appropriate unique geographic spaces with the Offsetter, then use the PointCloudCombiner.

Hope this helps.

Nathan
Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @danilo_fme,

Do I understand correctly that these point clouds occupy the same geographic space, but were simply captured at different times, and you wish to ignore the geographic space and patch them together?

One solution to this problem (maybe not the most elegant) might be to offset File B, C, and D to their appropriate unique geographic spaces with the Offsetter, then use the PointCloudCombiner.

Hope this helps.

Nathan
Thanks @NathanAtSafe

Your answer was very helpful.