Solved

FME gives error with pointcloudcombiner

• 28 September 2016
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi,

Im having problem with my workbench while using pointcloudcombiner. Im making 2d vector to simple 3d buildings with walls and without roof. Everything goes fine till I try to make pointcloud from walls with pointcloudcombiner. Workbench log gives only 'Error running translation', no warnings or anything else to see why there is error.. I've tried with extruded area walls, polygon walls, surface walls.. Everything gives error..

As seen in picture I can't follow any reason for this error.

I've readed that there is crashing with spesific graphic card and its updates. But can it be here when it only crashes with this transformer?

icon

Best answer by itay 28 September 2016, 11:43

View original

2 replies

Badge +16

Hi @a7 any chance the geometries you are creating are corrupt is in some way? maybe a geometryvalidator can shed some light.

Badge

Hi @a7 any chance the geometries you are creating are corrupt is in some way? maybe a geometryvalidator can shed some light.

Hi @itay !

Geometryvalidator was the thing! There was some geometry in wrong coordinate and some of the geometry was corrupted like you thought. Will get more in to it what exactly is corrupting it, but for now I have some light in end of my workbench tunnel. Thank you!