Question

Excel to GIS format using FME changes column names at each run?

• 29 September 2015
  • 7 replies

Badge
In below image if my excel sheet name is January then all the Fields of Januray joins with writer field "Previous reading","Current reading" etc.If my sheet name is February then all the fields of February joins with with writer field "Previous reading","Current reading" etc.I want a single Fme tool to just read from excel sheet name if its January then all the fields of Jan goes to relative field.If my sheet name is March then all the cloumns of March goes to the specific field.

7 replies

Badge +2
Hi,

Place an attribute creator with attibute names as required in writer and use conditional value option and place the conditions

Hope this will help

Pratap 
Badge
Hi Partap,

Thank you for your reply.so you mean to say that i should use 12 attribute creators for every month with conditions??single attribute creator is not allowing to connect mutliple fields (reader)with single field (writer).
Badge +2
Hi,

1. Enable format attribute "fme_feature_type" to define the month name (Sheet Name)

2. Below mentioned are 2 ways 

a. Segregate the data adn define mapping of attributes as required

b. Define the attribute value based on month (condition)

Hope this will help to understand better

Pratap

Badge
Hi Pratap,

Thank you very much for your suggestions.I am basically new to fme so what i tried is i enabled the fme feature type from the properties of feature attribute.then apply test filter by sheet name like @Value(fme_feature_type)="Jan(my dynamic sheetname)" and then map my attribute fields to writer.It runs for the Jan my first condition but when i add more conditions like @Value(fme_feature_type)="Mar(my dynamic sheetname)" so it is not running.please help me out.
Badge +2
Hi,

If you select option1 then You have to define attributes for each month.

I suggested 2 ways to perfrom the task... Based on the requirement of manipulation of attributes, you have to select which one is easier or better one for you.

Pratap

Badge
Hi Pratap,

Thank you very much for your help.I followed your 1st option and it is running now.Do you know any tutorial on excel to gis, please share.Thanks agian
Badge +2
Good to hear from you, that your problem is solved.

If you need any help in GIS do contact me at kumarchintadri@gmail.com