Solved

FME Cloud Access To on Premise Server

Can FME Cloud be configured to access my local network drives? For example, could I read something from ArcGIS Online and write it to a shapefile or FGDB on one of my on premise servers?

icon

Best answer by gerhardatsafe 4 March 2020, 22:18

View original

2 replies

Badge

Hi @oshkosh_gis,

This is currently not supported on FME Cloud. In general, I would highly discourage making network drives available to VMs that are not inside your network.

Additionally, it is not possible to mount network drives to an FME Cloud instance.

As a workaround, you could use a cloud-based storage solution like S3 or Azure Storage, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc to temporarily store the files and then securely download them to the network drive with an application within your network (e.g FME).

I hope this helps!

Hi @oshkosh_gis,

This is currently not supported on FME Cloud. In general, I would highly discourage making network drives available to VMs that are not inside your network.

Additionally, it is not possible to mount network drives to an FME Cloud instance.

As a workaround, you could use a cloud-based storage solution like S3 or Azure Storage, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc to temporarily store the files and then securely download them to the network drive with an application within your network (e.g FME).

I hope this helps!

Hi @gerhardatsafe,

Thanks so much for your response!! That makes sense and I'll look into using another cloud based storage solution as you mentioned. Thanks!