Question

Conditional value as parameter for WorkspaceRunner not working

• 10 January 2019
  • 8 replies

Badge

I'm trying to create a conditional parameter value in a WorkspaceRunner, based on an attribute value. I can do this, as the WorkspaceRunner is allowing me to fill in conditional values for the parameters, however, every time I click OK and reopen my WorkspaceRunner, all these conditional values are reset and again replaced by their hard coded values, as read from the model that the WorkspaceRunner is calling.

Is there a reason for this behaviour or is this just a bug?

I'm using FME 2018.1 build 18547 WIN64.

8 replies

Badge +8

Would it work if you put your conditional parameter value into the Workbench that the WorkspaceRunner is calling?

Badge

Would it work if you put your conditional parameter value into the Workbench that the WorkspaceRunner is calling?

Yes, my workaround at the moment is an AttributeCreater before the WorkspaceRunner that creates these conditional values as attributes, in order for the WorkspaceRunner to use them. I feel however that this should be working inside the WorkspaceRunner, no?

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Yes, my workaround at the moment is an AttributeCreater before the WorkspaceRunner that creates these conditional values as attributes, in order for the WorkspaceRunner to use them. I feel however that this should be working inside the WorkspaceRunner, no?

Sounds like a bug to me. One option you might have as a workaround is to see if the attributes in the Navigator work for you. I think I remember having this issue and using the Navigator as a workaround. The Navigator behavior may have changed, however, in FME 2018.

Badge +7

The only parameter of the WorkspaceRunner I can see that offers Conditional Value as an option is the name of the Workspace to run. Is this what you're trying to set?

I've never set the Workspace name in the WorkspaceRunner dynamically, but I have done this with other WorkspaceRunner parameters. However, I've always set the values in an AttributeCreator, AttributeManager etc, or generated them e.g. via a Schema Reader, or retrieved them from Workspace Parameter values set when running the Workspace.

Badge

The only parameter of the WorkspaceRunner I can see that offers Conditional Value as an option is the name of the Workspace to run. Is this what you're trying to set?

I've never set the Workspace name in the WorkspaceRunner dynamically, but I have done this with other WorkspaceRunner parameters. However, I've always set the values in an AttributeCreator, AttributeManager etc, or generated them e.g. via a Schema Reader, or retrieved them from Workspace Parameter values set when running the Workspace.

See printscreen attached

Badge +7

See printscreen attached

Ah OK. Maybe you only get it for certain types of Published Parameter. I get Conditional Value as an option in WorkspaceRunnner for a Published Parameter in the child Workspace that takes a date value.

Hi, I know this is an old thread, but I am having the exact same issue in FME 2021.2

Has anyone ever found a fix for this?

Badge

Hi, I know this is an old thread, but I am having the exact same issue in FME 2021.2

Has anyone ever found a fix for this?

Hi @fionahf​ sorry to hear that you are having this issue also. I did a quick test and when I tried to create a conditional value in the workspace runner parameters it also reset I also tested in 2022 with the same result. I will file a bug for this issue I will update this post with any new information I find. Hopefully we can find a resolution soon.