Question

Convert Esri SDE data to MS-SQL Spatial issues

Badge

I want to import a subset of my SDE data into an MSSQL Azure spatial database. I can connect and create a table but the no rows get inserted. what is the proper way to configure this?

5 replies

Userlevel 4

In theory it should "just work", but it's difficult to say without more detail. Can you perhaps post a minimal workspace showing the general mechanism as well as the complete log file here?

Badge

In theory it should "just work", but it's difficult to say without more detail. Can you perhaps post a minimal workspace showing the general mechanism as well as the complete log file here?

azure-spatial-test.zip

This is a simple read/write work bench. It completes but no row show up in the database?

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi @brianapeters, can you try connecting the objectid to the primary key on your MSSQL Azure table?

Badge

Hi @brianapeters, can you try connecting the objectid to the primary key on your MSSQL Azure table?

Tried that first... didn't help.

Badge +2

A possible cause is the wrong version of the SQL Server CLR Types (The SQL Server System CLR Types package contains the components implementing the new geometry, geography, and hierarchyid types) . This might be out of date CLR types or a 32/64 bit mismatch. The log file provided shows you're running FME 32bit so ensure you're installed SQL Server CLR Types are also 32bit. Or try using FME 64bit (you'll have to ensure you have Esri 64bit Geoprocessing installed - see this article)