Solved

Minecraft -adding to Existing Worlds

Badge

Hello all

Hoping someone can help, i have a minecraft world created with FME, this world contains the Ground mesh.

i now have the 3d geometry for the trees and buildings,

i want to add this geometry into the exisiting minecraft world.

Any ideas.

Thank you

icon

Best answer by mortonprice 1 August 2018, 11:17

View original

4 replies

Badge +2

Hi @mortonprice, It doesn't look like you can add to an existing Minecraft world, according to the documentation. You should be able to read back the world you already created, and write that to a new world, together with the new geometries representing trees and buildings.

Badge

Got it working, As @XiaomengAtSafe said, you cant modify a world, but you can create a new one, for Example (World 3 a New world) contains (World 1_Old) and (World 2_New content) and combines the two together. However it wouldn't work for me unless i put each world level folder on my desktop. Kept saying i didn't have permission otherwise.

Userlevel 3
Badge +18

Keep in mind that some data could get lost. Last time I tried chests got invisible and bed colour changed to red.This is because block entity data is not written.

Badge

Keep in mind that some data could get lost. Last time I tried chests got invisible and bed colour changed to red.This is because block entity data is not written.

Good Point i have only tried this basic blocks, Grass, and Wool dirt and sand.

ill keep this in mind

Thank you