Solved

Database listeners to send real-time e-mail notification with FME Server

• 24 August 2017
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hello,

I want to create a workflow that will monitor updates to tabular SQL Servers tables, which would send email notifications when my workbench has updated "error" tables. My workspace is effectively processing data and writing these error tables.

But I am unsure of the best way to create database "listeners" that would note when new data has been added to an error table and then send out an email notification via FME Server.

We have FME Server up and running and it does send email notification for when the workspace fails to run. But we have never sent email notifications for when a SQL Server table has been updated.

Can anyone provide some suggestions on how to best do this with some links and possibly an example work bench that "Listens" for database updates?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by stalknecht 29 August 2017, 06:53

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +18

You can use a database trigger. See: https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/806/push-data-out-of-databases-to-fme-server-in-real-t.html

@stalknecht - Thank you very much!

Badge +8

Yep, @stalknecht @FMELizard, that would do the trick, alternatively one could use a schedule and an FME Workspace to check the contents of the table, however that would be less event-driven.