Question

CityGML - adding attributes to feature types

• 28 February 2013
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

Hi,

I created CityGML files with FME, which works quiet good.

I now modelled the CityGML-ReliefFeature, but I'm not able to add the attribute <lod>.

What I did:

1) I added a CityGML writer

2) I imported the CityGML feature type ReliefFeature

3) I checked all the available attributes (user and format) but no "lod" available.

4) I added my own user attribute lod (I tried different types, I suppose this should be xml_int16, but I also tried others...)

5) I gave it a constant value "2"

the translation is succesfull, I see all the features, feature types, ... I want to see, but no attribute "lod" for the ReliefFeature :(

afterwards, I added manually the tags to my CityGML file <dem:lod>2</dem:lod>.

but offcourse, I want FME to do this for me :)

hope someone can help me out!

with kind regards,

Ine De Cubber

2 replies

Userlevel 4
There is a format attribute on the Writer called "citygml_lod_name" -- is that perhaps what you're looking for?

Also, have a look at this document for more details: http://docs.safe.com/fme/2012/html/FME_ReadersWriters/citygml/tutorial/writing_citygml_from_fme.htm

David
Thanks David, for your answer,

The cityGML_lod_name, I defined it as "reliefPoints" (as I store my DTM as MassPointRelief at the moment.)

it's a simple attribute "lod", I think the feature type ReliefFeature is about the only one in CityGML that stores the lod explicit in an attribute.

(all the other feature types, like buildings, ... store it indeed in the cityGML_lod_name, is f.e. lod2Solid...)

I didn't find my answer in the tutorial either :(

with kind regards,

Ine