Question

Push specific features to back in the DWG writer output

• 1 February 2018
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi

I'm currently transforming Oracle Spatial data to AutoCAD DWG format, i'm reading nearly 30-32 Electrical assets and writing them into AutoCAD DWG writer, while viewing the .DWG Output files in AutoCAD software, i would like specific features like ROUTE Layer to be pushed back.

I can do it manually in AutoCAD by going into the layers properties and selecting the specific Layers and sending it to back. But, I'm looking for an option in FME where i can send specific layers to back before writing onto AutoCAD DWG writer.

So when view from AutoCAD software, we no need to perform the manual activity of pushing the specific layers to back on each and every DWG tiles.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards, Anil

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

The AutoCAD writer doesn't seem to have any layer ordering option, but there's 2 things you could try:

1. Sort the data prior to writing, making sure that the features you want to send to the back are being written first or last (depending on how AutoCAD reads the file, you may need to do some trial and error to figure this one out, I don't have AutoCAD myself)
  2. Use a template file which has the layer ordering you want.