Solved

How to convert ESRI shapefile to CityGML by using an ADE with proper geometry(LoD)?

• 8 February 2018
  • 6 replies

Badge

I am having different dataset, that i have to convert to CityGML using ADEs.

When am trying to do this, TRANSLATION WAS SUCCESSFUL is displayed (eg: 780 features transformed)

BUt, when am viewing it in FME Data Inspector, "THERE IS NO GEOMETRY IN THIS VIEW" is shown

I am using FME trail version. LOG TABLE shows this: "The 'FFS' reader was destroyed successfully

Failed to display the table contents due to the following error:

----------------------------------------------------------------

The floating license environment variable LM_LICENSE_FILE is defined, but is ignored by FME. To enable FME to use LM_LICENSE_FILE, set the environment variable FME_USE_LM_ENVIRONMENT to the value YES."

please help me..

----------------------------------------------------------------

icon

Best answer by daveatsafe 9 February 2018, 00:19

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @vishnuedakkat93,

The CityGML writer does have a fairly optimistic concept of success. If you would like to share your workspace, the ADE .xsd, and a sample of your source data, I would be happy to help you get the CityGML writing successfully.

Badge

these are the materials used in the workspace.

try-network.fmw

transportationmodel.zip

vasantvihar-line.zip

@DaveAtSafe

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @vishnuedakkat93,

CityGML has a fixed schema, so you can only write the allowable feature types. To automatically add these feature types to your workspace, add a new CityGML writer, setting Feature Type Definition to Import from Dataset. When the Import Writer Feature Types dialog comes up, leave the Dataset blank, and click OK. This will create all the allowable CityGML feature types on the writer.

You also need to use the FME Hub transformer CityGMLGeometrySetter to set the CityGML Lod Name and Feature Role before writing.

For more detailed information, please see the CityGML Tutorial in the writer documentation.

Badge

Thank You Sir

Badge

Sir,

Good Morning

I am using SKetchUp (64 bits), ArcMap(32 bits), and FME (64 bits). System (64bits)

Does this change will affect the final integration of everything in CityGML format?

I got one suggestion that, Data/ output is not shown because of change in ArcMap and FME (bits) variation.

@DaveAtSafe
Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Sir,

Good Morning

I am using SKetchUp (64 bits), ArcMap(32 bits), and FME (64 bits). System (64bits)

Does this change will affect the final integration of everything in CityGML format?

I got one suggestion that, Data/ output is not shown because of change in ArcMap and FME (bits) variation.

@DaveAtSafe
If you are using FME 64 bit, you must have the 64 bit Geoprocessing installed in your ArcGIS in order to read from some of the Esri formats. However, you should be able to read Shape files and basic Geodatabases without ArcGIS.

I am attaching a modified workspace that writes out the Roads from the Shape file you sent.m-14887-try-network.fmw