Question

Upgrade to FME Server 2019.2.1 - Restore not working

• 10 December 2019
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I have upgraded FME server on our test server (on prem, Windows Server 2016, express install, default install settings), using these instructions:

http://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Server_Documentation/AdminGuide/Upgrade-in-Place-Same-Machine.htm

I took a backup of the FME config and tested it worked, which it did on 2018.1.1.1.

After upgrading the server (version 2019.2.1, Build 19813), I tried to restore the backup but then it failed.

It has this error: “Could not write FME Server request message. Connection may have been lost. An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host”

I also noticed that the FME Server Core service stops during the restore and I have to restart it manually to get the server working again. I think the service stopping is the cause of the failed restore.

I have tried restoring the backup pre/post licencing the server, running the services as 'local system' or as our specific account, multiple restarts and re-installs, but still no success.

I then tried installing an earlier version of FME Server, 2019.1.3.1, Build 19643, but this had the same issue.

Looking at the safe help pages, there is mention of problems with large restore files, but ours is only 30MB.

I re-installed FME Server 2018.1.1.1 again and tried the restore and the backup file worked.

Any advice would be appreciated.

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +16

This seems to be a case for Safe support.

Please submit a case at www.safe.com/support