Question

Maximo Connector - what do you want it do?

• 4 October 2019
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi All,

We are currently working on Maximo connector transformer(s), and have been successful in connecting and querying a Maximo database. However, there is an incredible amount of functionality available through the APIs, and I would like to initially concentrate on what is most useful to our users.

So I am requesting your feedback on how you would like to use FME with Maximo. Do you want to add Assets or Work Orders? Do you want link Maximo info to your GIS or BIM data. Do you want to do complex queries? This is a chance for you to shape the design of a new series of transformers.

Detailed uses cases would be greatly appreciated.

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

*bumping due to long purgatory in moderation

Badge

We currently use Microdesk's modelstream to bi-directionally transfer asset data between Revit and Maximo. It works great but if a model includes multiple links, each linked model has to be processed separately. We're currently trying to find a new solution and working eighth Forge API. Not only do we want to communicate data between Revit and Maximo, we want to do it straight from BIM 360 Docs to Maximo, and back. I love FME and I'd love to try to develop a solution with FME since we are licensed users of FME and have implemented some successful BIM-GIS integration with FME at Denver internationalairport. I would love to work with you to see if this can work. Please let me know if you would be down with this.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

We currently use Microdesk's modelstream to bi-directionally transfer asset data between Revit and Maximo. It works great but if a model includes multiple links, each linked model has to be processed separately. We're currently trying to find a new solution and working eighth Forge API. Not only do we want to communicate data between Revit and Maximo, we want to do it straight from BIM 360 Docs to Maximo, and back. I love FME and I'd love to try to develop a solution with FME since we are licensed users of FME and have implemented some successful BIM-GIS integration with FME at Denver internationalairport. I would love to work with you to see if this can work. Please let me know if you would be down with this.

Hi @emmythammasine,

I would be happy to help you with this. You can reach me directly at .

We currently have excel load templates for loading data into Maximo which are manually handled and uploaded... It would be great to replace these or at least QA the data in them, using FME to check for any conflicts/errors/issues and then have them submitted via FME into Maximo. If we can get rid of them all together and have a front end form which is adaptable to different types of Locations/Assets (and therefore the various meters/specs which apply) that would be awesome.

Badge

Hi,

At the moment, we are just trying to query all the assets in Maximo so we can compare if the attributes match that of in our GIS. We update assets in the GIS and there is a nightly process that MX runs and picks up all assets that have been updated since the previous process was run. And currently, I am still unable to read or do simple asset query from MX using FME Desktop. I have tried using MaximoObjectQuerier and also MaximoSaaSObjectQuerier but still no luck. 😑

Badge

Hi,

At the moment, we are just trying to query all the assets in Maximo so we can compare if the attributes match that of in our GIS. We update assets in the GIS and there is a nightly process that MX runs and picks up all assets that have been updated since the previous process was run. And currently, I am still unable to read or do simple asset query from MX using FME Desktop. I have tried using MaximoObjectQuerier and also MaximoSaaSObjectQuerier but still no luck. 😑

Hi,

We were able to read Maximo finally by adding "lean = 1 in the query string parameter. However, the read is very slow. I think it re-runs the read script for each record. The current rate is like 2k records per hour :(. Is there a way to read multiple rows/records instead?image

Eventually we're looking to be able to read/write to assets and locations in Maximo. I don't have access to Maximo yet but the MaximoSaasObject* transformers seem like they could handle the assets but not locations. This would be a great addition if possible.